Treadmill test or TMT is the measurement of the heart’s ability to sustain stress given by exercise in a controlled environment. It is a cardiac stress test.
Why is Treadmill Test (TMT) done?
TMT is conducted for anyone who :
• had a heart attack in the last 48 hours
• has uncontrolled Blood Pressure (more than 200/110 mm Hg)
• has unstable angina
• has uncontrolled rhythm disorder of the heart
• has Severe aortic stenosis, pulmonary embolism
• is acutely ill patient due to any cause
• advanced COPD.