We already have an overview of infertility. In this article, we shall discuss the causes of infertility in men and women.
One partner may be affected by infertility factors or both. Sometimes there is no apparent cause. Given below are the most prominent causes of infertility in both males and females.
Causes of Infertility in Male
Causes of Infertility in males may consist of:
- Abnormal sperm function or production brought on by undescended testicles, genetic flaws, medical conditions like diabetes, or infectious diseases like chlamydia, gonorrhea, measles, or HIV.
- Varicocele, or enlarged veins in the testes, can also lower sperm quality.
- Sexual issues, such as early ejaculation,
- Certain hereditary illnesses, such as cystic fibrosis, structural issues, including a blockage in the testicle,
- Damage or injury to the reproductive organs, or issues with sperm distribution.
- Overexposure to radiation and other environmental toxins, such as pesticides and other poisons.
- Fertility can also be impacted by cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, marijuana use, anabolic steroids, and prescription drugs for depression
- High blood pressure
- Bacterial infections.
- Regular heat exposure, like that found in saunas or hot tubs, can increase body temperature and have an impact on sperm production.
- Damage brought on by cancer and the therapies used to treat it, such as chemotherapy or radiation. Sperm production can be negatively impacted by cancer treatment, sometimes significantly.
Causes of infertility in female
There may be quite some causes of Infertility in women, such as:
- Ovulation disorders, impede the ovaries’ ability to release eggs. Among them are endocrine conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome.
- The hormone that increases the production of breast milk, prolactin, which is present in excess amounts in the condition known as hyperprolactinemia, may also prevent ovulation.
- Menstrual cycle disruption or infertility can result from either too much (hyperthyroidism) or not enough (hypothyroidism) thyroid hormone.
- Overexercising, eating problems, or malignancies are examples of additional underlying reasons.
- Anomalies of the uterus or the cervix, such as polyps in the uterus or variations in the uterus’ form.
- Uterine fibroids, which are benign (noncancerous) tumors of the uterine wall, can prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus or block the fallopian tubes, both of which can result in infertility.
- Inflammation of the fallopian tube is frequently the cause of fallopian tube injury or obstruction (salpingitis). This may be the outcome of pelvic inflammatory disease, which is typically brought on by endometriosis, adhesions, or a sexually transmitted infection.
- The ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes may all be affected by endometriosis, which develops when endometrial tissue spreads outside of the uterus.
- Primary ovarian insufficiency, or early menopause, occurs before the age of 40 when the ovaries stop producing menstrual blood.
- Early menopause has some risk factors, including immune system disorders, genetic problems like Turner syndrome or carriers of Fragile X syndrome, radiation or chemotherapy treatment, and other ailments, even if the cause is frequently unclear.
- Pelvic adhesions are bands of scar tissue that bind organs and can develop as a result of abdominal or pelvic surgery, appendicitis, endometriosis, or pelvic infections.
- Treatment options for cancer – Female fertility is frequently hampered by some diseases, notably reproductive tumors. Both chemotherapy and radiation may have an impact on fertility.
Looking for the latest technology, high qualified radiologists’ reported HSG in northeast Delhi? Our compassionate highly qualified team of radiologists and assistants have a gentle, caring manner and a feeling of family care because we keep our all empathy and care in your or one of your family member’s pregnancy problems.
Read Next : Prevention and Risk Factors of Infertility
Diagnostic Testing in North-east Delhi, Delhi.
We are a diagnostic centre and laboratory providing clinical solutions like CT Scan, Mammography, Digital X-ray, IVP, HSG, ECG–EEG, TMT, 4D & 5D Ultrasound, PFT, All types of Blood Tests, etc. We promise quality, we deliver it. Deep Medical Centre’s foremost focus has always been to maintain the highest standards in testing and hygiene, resulting in a high level of satisfaction of our more than twenty thousand patrons and being the fastest growing laboratory in Northeast Delhi.
Our compassionate highly qualified team of radiologists and assistants have a gentle, caring manner and a feeling of family care because we keep our all empathy with not-so-good times that you or your family member may be going through, to require a diagnostic test.
If you have any questions about our imaging services, call Deep Medical Centre at (+91) 931-166-1446 / drop an email at email@example.com / just click here to open the map to our physical location or request an appointment now. We wish you and your family a very healthy smiling time.
Join us on Instagram @deepmedicalcentre,