What is Fetal Echocardiography? – Fetal Echocardiography Overview
Fetal echocardiography uses sound waves (echo) to monitor the child’s heart inside the mother’s womb. It helps to identify the heart defects in the baby, even before birth. Therefore, we can treat heart problems at the right time in the earliest possible stage. It is because:-
•Healthcare professionals can be ready to deal with problems during labor and delivery.
•If there is a chance of early delivery, it can get scheduled.
•In some cases, Healthcare professionals can even treat the problem before birth.
•With the help of Medicine or surgery, the baby is born after the treatment.
Why Fetal Echocardiography is recommended? – Fetal Echocardiography Overview
- It is recommended to get fetal echocardiography in the following cases:-
- When we have another child born with a heart defect in our family
- If there is a family history of genetic heart problems
- If the baby is found to have any genetic problems
- If we take medicines for seizures, depression, acne, or any other medicine that causes congenital heart defects.
- In many cases, Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines(NSAIDs) or blood pressure medicines (ACE-inhibitors) may have a significant effect on the child’s heart health.
- When we tend to consume drugs or alcohol while pregnancy
- Someone, having health problems like diabetes, lupus, or phenylketonuria.
- If we witness German measles or cytomegalovirus while pregnancy.
- Finding abnormal test results from tests other than Fetal echocardiography.
- People who are conceived by any assisted reproductive device are preferred in medical science.
- If the baby is found to have too fast, slow, or irregular heartbeats on examination.
- If we witnessed any abnormalities on fetal ultrasound.
- Someone who got pregnant at an advanced age
Generally, if we have a family history of heart problems, fetal echoes are often done in the second trimester of pregnancy. It is will be conducted after about 18 to 24 weeks.
What are the risks of Fetal echocardiography? – Fetal Echocardiography Overview
Fetal echocardiography does not have any risks. It is safe for the fetus and mother as the lowest possible ultrasound settings.
How do I prepare for fetal echocardiography? – Fetal Echocardiography Overview
The best part is that you don’t need anything to get ready for a fetal echo. It is just that you have to plan for 30 minutes to 2 hours for the test.
Looking for the latest technology, new machines, high qualified radiologists’ reported Fetal Echo in Northeast Delhi? Our compassionate highly qualified team of radiologists and assistants have a gentle, caring manner and a feeling of family care because we keep our all empathy with not-so-good times that you or your family member may be going through, to require a diagnostic test.
Diagnostic Testing in North-east Delhi, Delhi.
We are a diagnostic centre and laboratory providing clinical solutions like CT Scan, Mammography, OPG X-ray, Digital X-ray, IVP, HSG, ECG–EEG, TMT, 4D & 5D Ultrasound, All types of Blood Tests, etc. We promise quality, we deliver it. Deep Medical Centre’s foremost focus has always been to maintain the highest standards in testing and hygiene, resulting in a high level of satisfaction of our more than twenty thousand patrons and being the fastest growing laboratory in North-east Delhi.
Our compassionate highly qualified team of radiologists and assistants have a gentle, caring manner and a feeling of family care because we keep our all empathy with not-so-good times that you or your family member may be going through, to require a diagnostic test.
If you have any questions about our imaging services, call Deep Medical Centre at (+91) 931-166-1478 / drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org / just click here to open the map to our physical location or request an appointment now. We wish you and your family a very healthy smiling time.